Saturday, May 30, 2009

Networking in the Burbs of Houston


Every time I finish a temporary job, I am at a loss. For the first few weeks, I catch up on all the household chores that I neglected while I was working in downtown Houston. My priority is to find another professional position. Most of the time I rely on recruiters, but I seem to get the same type of position. It pays the bills, but squashes any chance of my career moving forward.

Trying to find the career that is in your heart, not just what you are suppose to do is difficult. Yet, following a dream may lead to more success in life than just working a position as a job. I have just about finished raising children, so now I must tend to my own desires of accomplishing something.

I would love to hear creative and effective ideas on how to re-evaluate a career path and starting from scratch in a new area. A success story would be great. It should show how you not only found your dream job, but also how it helped your family and community improve as well.

I love living in the Houston area because there is a diverse population and employment opportunities. I know my dream job is out there, even in the this tough economy. It takes more than wishing on a star. So thanks for your ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment